As you all know, our state provides social support to its citizens in difficult life situations. However, it does not forget foreigners who live in the Czech Republic or have at least a temporary residence. What benefits you are entitled to and in which cases you can read in our article. Overall, social benefits for foreigners in the Czech Republic can be divided into several groups:
- State Social Support Benefits
- Material Need Benefits
- Benefits for Persons with Disabilities
1.) State Social Support Benefits
These benefits focus primarily on families with unsecured children or similarly. Who is entitled to these benefits?
- Czech citizens or foreigners with permanent residence in the Czech Republic
- EU citizens who can apply EU regulations to
- foreigners Reporting to stay longer than 365 days
- Foreigners under 1 year of age who were born in the Czech Republic and have permanent residence reported to foreigners who were in the Czech Republic
- Provision of foster care family members of a resident long-term resident in the Czech Republic
- Foreigner who has been granted a long-term residence permit for the purpose of scientific research or employment with a higher qualification (must reside in the Czech Republic) or additional protection
For what can I get the benefits?
- Child allowance
- parental allowance
- housing allowance
2.) Material Need Benefits
These benefits are provided to people in a situation where the household does not have enough resources to ensure at least a basic household.
Who can apply for this support?
- permanent resident in the Czech Republic
- person who has been granted asylum or additional international protection
- EU citizens
- EU citizens and their relatives, reports to stay in the Czech Republic for more than 3 months
- Foreigner who is reported for long-term residence in the Czech Republic, resides there and is long-term resident in the European Community
What are the benefits of assistance in material need?
- Living allowance
- supplement for housing
- extraordinary immediate assistance
Applications for material need benefits should be submitted to a branch of the Labor Office of the Czech Republic according to the place of residence.
3.) Benefits for people with disabilities
This type of social support also includes the equipment of a disabled card and the benefits of holding it. This is governed by the law. Regional offices of the Labor Office of the Czech Republic handle such benefits. Can be requested by:
- a person with permanent residence in the Czech Republic
- a person who has been granted asylum or supplementary international protection
- cizinec bez trvalého bydliště v ČR, jemuž čerpání dávek umožní mezinárodní smlouva
- a foreigner without a permanent residence in the Czech Republic, to whom the international treaty allows a citizen of a state belonging to the EU to receive benefits if he / she is reported to stay in the Czech Republic for more than 3 months the entitlement to benefits does not arise directly from the EU regulation
- a relative of a citizen, see the previous point with a stay reported in the Czech Republic longer than 3 months
- foreigner who is reported to have long-term residence in the Czech Republic, resides there and is a long-term resident in the European Community mobility special medical aids
Benefits can be used for:
- special medical needs
For more information, see here.